Saturday, June 12, 2010

Predisone Project Progress


PREDNISONE ON PARADE

In case you were wondering, and of course who wouldn't, the intense predisone therapy has seriously flopped in manifesting itself in the bizarre ways that were predicted. Beside the fluctuating glucose levels (got to 410 on Wednesday!), I believe my outstanding endocrinologist had me make the right changes. It is now largely OK. Although it would have been interesting, I am not climbing the walls, endlessly stuffing my face with food, or angrily lashing out at anybody who dares approach me. Of course this all means I did not clean out the garage, wash and wax all three vehicles, or organize the spice shelves either. Sorry.

NOT A TRANSPLANT TRIBUNE MOVIE REVIEW

Remembering my pathetic restaurant review many weeks ago, I hesitate to start the Trib into the movie critic business. Then I will merely mention that we saw "City Island" last night at the Vine Theater. The Vine is a trip in itself, having been here in town for like, a hundred years or something. I distinctly recall coming out here from Fremont when Cherie and I started seeing each other, and that's quite a long time ago. With the opening of the multiplex downtown, the Vine went funky, showing off-the-mainstream movies and offering beer, wine, and food in the theaters and lobby. Quite cool, actually.

"City Island" is a low-budget picture with Andy Garcia starring. It was very enjoyable, in agreement with several recommendations and reviews we saw. Worth it for sure especially when it is on DVD, maybe it already is.

This is another intense racing weekend, including the famous 24 Hours of Le Mans, the Grand Prix of Canada, and NASCAR at Michigan. So while the rest of the populace has World Cup fever, I am just fine with my silly racing.

'Til the next one, I remain

Bob/Irv

No comments:

Post a Comment

RJ/Bob/Irv is a 61-year-old beloved husband, father, uncle, brother, motor racing fanatic, and Livermore resident who received a heart and kidney transplant in February of 2010. Bob's recent years have been defined by his health, which forced him into early retirement. Unfortunately, many of his days were spent in a dialysis center or at various medical appointments, primarily due to his living with diabetes for over 40 years. Numerous were panic visits to various Emergency Rooms all over California for treatment of chest pain. But now no more dialysis and no more late-night dashes to UCSF! The main focus of Bob's family, friends, and doctors has been a prompt transplant, so that he can get back to traveling with his Sweetie, driving fast cars, enjoying great music and laughing with his friends. This blog will function as a way to communicate with all interested parties and to keep everyone informed. And hopefully it can serve a great purpose also, in making people more aware of the importance of organ donation and how each life saved has a positive effect on dozens of related friends and relatives.