Sunday, September 26, 2010

Major Memory Lapse

CAN'T REMEMBER S**T (AKA "CRS")

I done plum forgot I had promised a thrilling update concerning the future of the entire full-time staff here at Transplant Tribune Civic Headquarters, located for your convenience next to Aim's Guns ("Ed aims to please, and so does Louise") at 10526 Rhode Island School of Design Parkway, in Yucaipa.

Our CFO and Assistant Editor, C.L. Moss has scored a major travel miracle by procuring two spots on a Tauck Tour, at a far more affordable price than usual. Specifically, this one is "America's Canyonlands", beginning in Phoenix, AZ and ending in romantic Lost Wages, NV. While this may sound like one of those gambling bus trips for "seniors", the locations that are visited en route are definitely not schlocky gaming opportunities. However, since we are included, "seniors" do seem welcome.

At any rate, after a welcome dinner we depart Phoenix in our luxury motorcoach (NOT a "bus") for Grand Canyon. Also included are Bryce and Zion National Parks, Lake Powell and finally finishing in Vegas. We experience top-line hotel accommodations, most meals, tours and transportation to and from the airports, all part of the package. Extras on our dime would be booze and shopping, and of course the gratuities for the tour guide and the bus, er, motorcoach, driver. Cherie has sold several of these tours over the years, and we both have wanted to try one for ourselves.

We are quite excited to be able to do this, since our last vacation was in 2005 when we took the kiddoes to Maui. I mostly moped around the condo while the rest of my party enjoyed snorkeling, bike riding, and tattooing (well, not Cheryl). What a difference five years has made. Even better, the powers that be at UCSF have heartily approved. They are satisfied since we have travel insurance again (see "Long Beach") and there is a respected medical facility in Phoenix, the Mayo Clinic. I am pleased, 'cuz I like Mayo on my turkey sammiches.

That must be all for now. I hope those with short attention span syndrome like my new shorter posting format. Enjoy it now, it may not last....

Bob/Irv

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you and Cheryl got to take some time off together and relax! I also saw the Canyonlands-I was not excited to see it, but when I got to it, I was amazing-it is beautiful! But, I must say, I don't think that is a vacation spot for small children, all I heard was mothers yelling at Johnny to get away from the ledge.
    This post was way too short-just kidding.
    Are you doing anything with CTDN anytime soon? Tell Cheryl hi!
    -Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, I just saw your comments! Sorry. I forgot there will be ankle-biters at these spots. I'd better have a mask at the ready.

    We are taking the training class tomorrow, and I am doing an event in Concord next week. Howza 'bout you?

    Tell your Dad hi, as well...

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

RJ/Bob/Irv is a 61-year-old beloved husband, father, uncle, brother, motor racing fanatic, and Livermore resident who received a heart and kidney transplant in February of 2010. Bob's recent years have been defined by his health, which forced him into early retirement. Unfortunately, many of his days were spent in a dialysis center or at various medical appointments, primarily due to his living with diabetes for over 40 years. Numerous were panic visits to various Emergency Rooms all over California for treatment of chest pain. But now no more dialysis and no more late-night dashes to UCSF! The main focus of Bob's family, friends, and doctors has been a prompt transplant, so that he can get back to traveling with his Sweetie, driving fast cars, enjoying great music and laughing with his friends. This blog will function as a way to communicate with all interested parties and to keep everyone informed. And hopefully it can serve a great purpose also, in making people more aware of the importance of organ donation and how each life saved has a positive effect on dozens of related friends and relatives.