Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hey, How's Yer Wednesday?

Good, I hope.

I am chillin' with my arch-enemy (Wong!) Mr. Foley after a fine but complicated shower and shave session. In an effort to better know my opponent I was able learn that Mr. F. was first designed by surgeon Frederic Foley when he was a medical student in Boston in the 1930's. When his device was first manufactured, the C.R. Bard Co. of Murray Hill, NJ named their product after the good doctor. And it has been all success and high-fives ever since. Thank you, Doc; yeah, thanks a LOT Doc.

Not long after my Breakfast of Champions this morning the Physician Entourages began. Infectious Disease docs have been included to ascertain what the infection in my blood actually is. Then they can treat it with the absolute correct antiobotic. There is still too much going on to do a biopsy, and that is why I am still here. The Nephrologists just this moment visited to tell me it is the same infection in my blood and my urine. They are deferring to Infectious Disease to make the final ID and specify the antiobotic.

Cherie is on her way here now from a meeting at Peak Travel in San Jose. Leslie and Chris may drop over sometime today. My bro' Garremo spent last evening here. I have watched Iron Man and a James Taylor solo concert on my trusty DVD player. Nothing else is in the works unless this clears up fast and they are able to do a kidney biopsy.

So there you have it!

Bob/Irv

No comments:

Post a Comment

RJ/Bob/Irv is a 61-year-old beloved husband, father, uncle, brother, motor racing fanatic, and Livermore resident who received a heart and kidney transplant in February of 2010. Bob's recent years have been defined by his health, which forced him into early retirement. Unfortunately, many of his days were spent in a dialysis center or at various medical appointments, primarily due to his living with diabetes for over 40 years. Numerous were panic visits to various Emergency Rooms all over California for treatment of chest pain. But now no more dialysis and no more late-night dashes to UCSF! The main focus of Bob's family, friends, and doctors has been a prompt transplant, so that he can get back to traveling with his Sweetie, driving fast cars, enjoying great music and laughing with his friends. This blog will function as a way to communicate with all interested parties and to keep everyone informed. And hopefully it can serve a great purpose also, in making people more aware of the importance of organ donation and how each life saved has a positive effect on dozens of related friends and relatives.